Friday, January 22, 2010



This morning, as I was blowing my hair dry after my shower, the thought came to me--what the hell is going on with my hair. I don't know whose hair this is I'm trying to style, but it is NOT mine. I seem to remember having this thick, shiny, dark hair, that was easy for me to style. Now it seems that I'm fighting with someone else's hair! This new hair is not so thick anymore, exposing tons of cowlicks & a weird curly patch behind my left ear. It's darkness has been dusted with platinum streaks (ok, grey) and it doesn't shine much lately. Did I anger the hair witch? Along with all the other witches I've angered lately. OK, I'm trying to grow old gracefully, but, come on, this is not what I bargained for!! Has the hair witch put a curse on me? I'm sure of it. I'm heading out to the library as soon as I finish wrestling with whoever's hair this is (or is it whomever's?). I'm going to find a book on how to break spells put on me by any of the old age witches I must have messed with, unintentionally. Hopefully, I have a few things around here to help with whatever potion I must mix up to break this spell---I have hairspray, volumizing lotion, curling irons, you name it. I may be able to scrounge up some eye of the newt, & I'm sure I can get a hair from an old man (one lives here, after all), that along with plenty of garlic. All I need is a good recipe, and I'm good to go!

4 comments:

Becky and Stacey said...

OMG you never cease to crack me up! And where do you get these pistures! Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

If it's any consolation when I was at Kathy's the other night we were talking about wrinkles and skin and all that aging crap, she said I had great skin and ... your mother, God she is gorgeous. So there.

Linda said...

Tell Kathy I love her. What a nice thing to say.

Elizabeth said...

Mom this is so funny! You are gorgeous.