Monday, February 1, 2010



This is me at the "Phoenix Quilt, Craft & Sewing Festival", on Saturday. Toni took my picture at the art doll booth. I love these weird looking dolls. They are sculpted with a needle and then dressed in strange looking outfits. There is even a mermaid doll that I would love to make. I have looked at the directions on the patterns for these dolls, and believe me, they are hard to make. Maybe some day I will venture to make one. Toni thinks these dolls are beyond strange & they give her the "whim whams". They bring out my inner freak, while they scare her. We had such a good time. My poor knee was killing me, so I brought my cane & then I tripped over it about 3 times. I am so graceful! I could have spent lots of money there, but I was a good little girl & only spent a little. I bought a couple of redwork embroidery patterns. One is of guardian angels to hang on a tree or on a wreath, & the other is for a quilt with Victorian ladies heads. I think I'm going to do the Victorian heads separately & hang them on my wall. There was some beautiful quilts & quilt kits, but they looked like they would take a long time to make, & ya know, I'm pushing 70 & don't want to spend the rest of my life on a quilt! I want fast & easy projects. HaHa. I will take pictures of my patterns & post them later. Anyway, we had a nice lunch after the festival. We laughed at our own funny remarks & picked on everybody at the restaurant--it was fun. By the way, the shirt I have on is the same one I have on in my facebook picture---I swear I do have other shirts. I'm a Leo, & we like to find an outfit we like & wear it to death! We hate change!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I bet I know someone that would really REALLY love a freaky little mermaid doll. :D

Linda said...

Oh yeah? That wouldn't be you would it? That's who I thought of when I saw the freaky little thing.

Anonymous said...

BTW - the dolls by Mom in the picture are of Vasalisa and Baba Yaga!