Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Yes, people, I went to the grocery store yesterday. That's me on the left, in my housedress! Not really. I had a real snowbird experience. I live in an adult community (nice words for geezerville) & all the snowbirds who spend the winter here were out in masses yesterday. I waited at least 20 minutes for my turn at the deli counter. When it finally was my turn, I asked for 1/2 lb of corn beef. Deli-woman handed me a sample, I asked for a little thicker cut. Says she, "It gets tougher the thicker it's cut".. Says I," Well, I don't want it too thick." Says she, "Well, I just don't want you coming back here, saying it is too tough." Well, this went on for a couple of minutes, while I'm knee deep in pissed off senior citizens. Finally, I don't care if she puts the lunch meat in a shredder or cuts it with a grater, I tell her to cut it any freaking way she wants, just cut it!! So I got a pile of very thinly cut corn beef! I waded my way out of the deli dept, making sure to note what day this Deli-woman works, & a vow never to come to the store on this day of the week again! I just blew off the swiss cheese I wanted & headed for the check out stand.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't stand deli people with rotten attitudes. What store was it?

Linda said...

Basha's on Riggs Rd. The old folks store--Deli-woman was old too.

Anonymous said...

maybe she was pissed that she had to work for all you rich retired folks!

Linda said...

Yeah, that was it!

Anonymous said...

I went to the grocery store and asked for gelato. Because i'm a bit on the small side,the guy at the counter asked me if my mommy told me it was alright. I said she was, thinking that was the end of it and he would serve me. But no. He tells me that he'll be in trouble with his boss and I'll be in trouble with my mommy if she didn't want me to have ice cream. My mom comes from where she was getting humus to see what was taking so long. He smiles to her, and then finally gives me service!