Saturday, February 13, 2010



I want my Mommy! I have been sick for about 5 days now, & I could sure use my mother. Even though Harv has been really attentive, he is not my mother. I need to feel her soft hands on my forehead, have her bring me 7-up in a glass with ice & a straw. I want her to buy me movie magazines to read & fix me something to eat. I want to hear her hustling & bustling around our old house, cleaning up or folding laundry. She always turned the radio on & harmonized with Frank Sinatra or Tony Bennett in her soft voice. Then she would peek in my room to see if I needed anything else, how I was feeling, & plump up my pillows, & fix my covers. "I'm sorry you're sick, honey, do you need anything else?", she would say. It was so comforting. I don't care how many grandkids or great-grandkids I have, or if I'm 70, 80, 90, or even 100 years old---when I get sick, I STILL WANT MY MOMMY!!!!!

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm so sorry that you're still not feeling well mom. I wish you had your mommy too!

Lynn said...

What a sweet thing to say about your mother. Sorry your not feeling well. If I was close by you I would come over and hustle and bustle around and do the best I could for you. And I would understand that it wouldn't be the same as what Molly would do, but I would still try.

Love you

Linda said...

Thanks guys--just missing my Mom. How sweet of you Lynn. It wouldn't be my Mom if you were here, but it would be close enough. I am feeling better today.

Anonymous said...

I wanted my mommy too, but she was sick.

Becky and Stacey said...

This is so sweet mom. I always want you when I'm sick too. And every day in between too. I always loved feeling your hand on my forehead. Tash and Carson like my hand on their's too. Glad you're better. Love you!

Becky and Stacey said...

This is so sweet mom. I always want you when I'm sick too. And every day in between too. I always loved feeling your hand on my forehead. Tash and Carson like my hand on their's too. Glad you're better. Love you!