Saturday, July 17, 2010











These are some of Harv's drawings. He was getting jealous of my stuff, so I had to promise to post some of his creations...can we stop the tantrum now? LOL
All kidding aside, he has just started doing a lot of drawing lately. He hasn't really drawn a lot since high school, so I'm happy he started again. These are done with graphite pencil, and some are also with colored pencils. I'm proud of him for picking up his hobby again.
We have both been busy with our hobbies lately. It's too hot outside to go anywhere, so we get a lot of drawing, painting, and sewing done.
My next project is to make purses out of burlap. I'm excited to see how they turn out. One I'm making for myself and painting a black rose on it. Sounds cool, huh? I'm trying to get an early start on Christmas presents this year...usually I'm killing myself between Dec. 1 & 15, to finish & get them mailed. I'm getting too old for that kind of pressure, so I'm trying not to procrastinate this year. We'll see how I do. I have a really lousy history with pacing myself so I'm not too optimistic.

4 comments:

Becky and Stacey said...

OMG! Dad you are soooo talented. Didn't Dad do a pic of Carson? Please take a picture. I would love to see it! Mom... burlap purses sound AWESOME!!! Especially with a black rose! How cool! I want one! Make a few, cause I know we could get them into the boutiques in Santa Cruz, etc... I'll take them over for you! Yay! I have such talented parents!

Linda said...

Thanks for the encouragement for both Dad & I to continue our projects. Yeah, he did do a picture of Carson...I will post it for you soon.

Becky and Stacey said...

I can't get those "beachy" burlap purses out of my mind! :) Sounds so awesome!

Becky and Stacey said...

I like you new template mom!